Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Knitting Lace

I love knitting lace almost as much as love knitting cables. I find knitting stockinette stitch boring.  I live for the variety lace and cables provide.  They are visually exciting to look at and most definitely not boring to knit.

Most recently I completed a lovely little FREE pattern I found on Ravelry called 198 yards of Heaven by Christy Verity.  It's knit with worsted weight wool, and in most cases you only need 1 skein.  It knit up very quickly (about 5 1/2 hours) and the pattern provides both written and charted instructions.  This is a great beginner project for individuals looking to try lace.  The finished size is just over neck kerchief and makes a lovely winter accent.

I highly recommend this pattern and look forward to trying more of Christy's patterns.  (This is an unpaid, unsolicited endorsement.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment