Thursday, October 6, 2011

Eventually I Will Learn

Hello.  My name is Jessica and I haven't learned my lesson.

I know how to run life lines.  I teach others to run life lines in their knitting.  But do I run them? No.

I'm working on a sweater, Shalom Cardigan by Meghan McFarlane, which is available for free on Ravelry.  The pattern is not graded and I've had to make a number of changes for fit and flattery.  With each of these changes, there has been tinking and even frogging.  You would have thought I might have been inspired to run a life line the first, or even fourth time, I ripped back, but I wasn't.  And it has happened again.  Once more I became so sure of myself, secure in my last calculations and fit check, that I over-confidently forged ahead without a life line.  It's a blessing that it's only yarn and not an actual life or death situation.

Please, learn from my mistakes.  Take Two for Safety.  Run a life line through your knitting now.
This has been a public service announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment