Saturday, September 9, 2006

Yucky Bug!


Saturday morning I'm on the phone with Chris, fresh out of the shower, working out a schedule for Sam, when all of the sudden I see something moving out of a partially opened drawer on the pedestal of our waterbed. I hollered for John immediately. John came running and I pointed out the centapede. John caught it in this plastic jug.

Needless to say, I made John empty out the drawer and inspect the bed in search of any others. I also had Stinky search around the bed, and have every night since. My skin is still crawling at the thought of it.

And to think, just a week earlier I commented to John about how lucky I'd been not to see any of the freaky creepy crawling things native to NM yet. Speak of the Devil!

For those of you actually fascinated with this bug, he's about 6 or 7 incles long, and covered by an exoskeleton. He has two long tentacles on top of his head, pinchers next to his mouth, and two longer legs at the end of his tail that he can use to grip with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I'm back and so's my yarn!

Wednesday's Child on Tap Monkey I'm very proud to announce that I've been pulled back out of retirement, and will be dyeing yarn...

Popular Posts