Friday, January 12, 2018

Colorway Chronicles: She's Waiting For You

This is one of those sock blanks that I'm tempted just to edge and use as a completed piece. I think it would make a lovely wrap just as it is.

"She's Waiting For You" is another double process sock blank, in which I dyed the blank, then airbrushed stenciled designs over the pre-dyed piece. This particular colorway was actually inspired by a favorite movie of mine Steel Magnolias (the original, I haven't seen the remake). I so love the scene in Truvy's where M'Lynn is countering Shelby's description of her wedding colors (Blush & Bashful) with her own colorful description "That sanctuary looks like it's been hosed down with Pepto Bismol!" I'm of the belief my sock blank is more appealing then digestive stomach aid in its blushing and bashful tones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment