Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Returning to My True Love

Cherry Blossom on Twist Monkey
Fresh from the dye pot to the drying rack.
I tried. Really I did. I pushed myself to look to nature for color inspiration, viewing flowers and scenic panoramas, but in the end, I returned to my true love - food.

But that's okay, right?

Food can be inspiring, sensuous even. Who really isn't turned on by chocolate? Okay, I know there are a few of you, but you have a favorite... I know you do. I simply found that I was more inspired by a trip to the produce section of my grocery store than I was staring at places I've never been. With food all my senses light up. And so now, I dedicate myself to finding your flavor, with some exceptions. I still don't think I'll ever sell a "Shrimp Scampi" colorway, despite my love of the dish.

Today I spent my afternoon dyeing some fun new colors: "Blueberry" a lovely tonal blue with teal accents on Salsa Monkey worsted weight, and "Raspberry" a subtle, yet vibrant and feminine tonal on Twist Monkey silk blend fingering weight.

What food turns you on?


No comments:

Post a Comment