Saturday, December 30, 2017

Knit Up and Dye Episode 51 - Here Comes 2018!

I finished socks for my husband after a considerable amount of math - finally achieving a pair that fits him after years of ill fitting hand made socks. I'm currently working on a pair of Coexist socks (pattern by Claire Ellen - available for Free on Ravelry) and, of course, continuing my work on my How To Eat An Elephant blanket. I show of some yarny acquisitions - all wonderful gifts, and have a general discussion of goals and upcoming projects for the New Year.

Also, I discuss Patreon.

I’ve started a Patreon page!

What is Patreon? Patreon is an online membership platform that helps artists, like myself, get financial support from their fans. Patrons can elect to pledge monthly support (in very affordable small amounts) and receive special rewards for doing so.

Rewards vary from level to level, but are always knitty in nature. Current rewards are listed on my page. Every level of patronage has a tangible reward!

All funds collected through Patreon will go toward supporting the filming and publishing of the Knit Up & Dye Podcast, tools, equipment and products for demonstrations and giveaway prizes, as well as travel to knitting related events and classes to develop better knitting and dyeing techniques to be shared through the podcast, yarns and patterns.

And, I have a bigger goal in mind. When I reach $500 per month, I’ll be able to offer exclusive online knitting classes to my patrons in which I’ll teach specific projects and all the techniques necessary to complete them. My dream is to be able to create a knitting class online that you can take from the privacy and comfort of your home, no matter where that may be.

If you are interested in learning more, please take a moment to explore my page.


No comments:

Post a Comment