Sunday, October 28, 2012

YouTube Tutorials ROCK! Share & WIN!

I learned something today!
Don't you just LOVE YouTube?!?
No?  Not using YouTube?  You should, and here's why:

I'm a visual hands-on learner and sometimes reading the steps of a technique in a book just doesn't pull it together for me.  That's where YouTube comes in.
I'm working on a design right now that I felt could benefit from a provisional  cast on, but would you believe, although I understand the theory and usefulness, I've never actually done it.
Nope, never.
I read about many different provisional cast-ons in several different books but just wasn't getting it, so I looked it up on YouTube and found the following wonderful video.
Thank you Knit Purl Hunter - you ROCK!


 

YouTube is wonderful because it's free, you can watch it a million times, you can pause and replay to your heart's content, and in many cases you can even contact the person that made the video.  How great is that?!?

Now, to be fair... some videos aren't great.  There are natural teachers and there are natural con-founders.  But there are also often many many videos to choose from on any given topic and technique.

So here it is:  I'm looking for the best of the best, your favorites, videos that you actually learned something from.  Share and WIN!

To Enter: Post a comment with the YouTube Share Link (looks something like this: http://youtu.be/Nnu1kk8dUj0) of your favorite knitting technique video.  Briefly tell me what the technique is, why the video is awesome, and how to find you (Rav ID or Email).

One extra/bonus entry for each of the following:

You WIN Two of These!
Please include your extra entries in a comment with links or information for validation.

Eligibility: Open to US & Canada ONLY - entries accepted until 12:00PM MST, Thursday, November 15, 2012.


Drawing: A random drawing of qualified entries will be done using an online number generator on Friday, November 16th.

Prize: 2 Skeins of di.Ve Autunno 100% Fine Merino (50g/98yds each) in Naturals-33410 - Valued at $15.00

Winner will be contacted via email after drawing for shipping information.

(NO, I wasn't paid by either YouTube or Knit Purl Hunter for this endorsement - I'm merely sharing things I love so that you can love them too!)

6 comments:

  1. Just favorited you Men's Hat. EXACTLY what I'm looking for to knit some Malabrigo I bought yesterday for hubby. Rav amchart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! LidiDi on Rav and I love this video for how to do tidy floats with fair isle. Really helped me make my fair isle hats!

    http://youtu.be/dtDGR2NM9-Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned how to do Judy's Magic Cast-On from Cat Bordhi's video tutorial. I needed to learn it to to make a Kindle cozy, but now that I see how much easier it makes toe-up socks, I might just have to start knitting a pair! http://youtu.be/lhBIS0AhhQY

    (ahappyaccident on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tweeted about your giveaway: https://twitter.com/KnittingViolets/status/263272863023366146

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched this video for knitting 2 socks at once on circular needles several times, it helped me loads:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4iD77aJCAw

    rosebob on ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a video describing a short row heel without wraps for a sock. This process was a mystery to me until I found this video depicting the step by step process to make the short row heel:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu5YAKsAEpY

    skysinger on ravelry

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

I'm back and so's my yarn!

Wednesday's Child on Tap Monkey I'm very proud to announce that I've been pulled back out of retirement, and will be dyeing yarn...

Popular Posts