Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yucky Bug 2!


I'm not a bug person. I don't like bugs. Some people are fascinated by them. On a scientific level, I agree. On a personal house guest level, I don't.

John and I were watching television one evening and I got up and used the bathroom. When I came back to the sofa and sat down I felt a strange prickly trickle run down my back. I jumped and thrashed back at my shirt and grabbed a fistful of cloth. John knew something was up. I struggled to figure a way out of my t-shirt without letting go of the fistful of shirt. Honestly I was ready to cut it off. John inspected the fistful and coaxed me to open my hand and drop the contents. Damn if a centipede didn't fall out of my hand. Quick as they are, John managed to kill it - in flip flops even. I should have won an award for the ensuing oogy-dance - it was something John won't soon forget. Naked (of course!) I went off to the bedroom and shook every piece of clothing I own. I redressed and returned to the livingroom. I no sooner sat down then felt another prickly trickle low on my back. Another shreak, another dance! This time it was a clothing label followed by a stiff drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment