Wednesday, November 29, 2006

First Snow 2006

John woke me at 4:30 this morning and said we'd gotten some snow over the night, but it was gone and it was just wet out.

I'm guessing it wasn't done snowing, or it was still too dark to really see, because when I let the dogs out at 7:00 we still had snow.

I snapped a couple quick photos simply as proof that New Mexico really does get snow. It's rare, but beautiful all the same.

There were no cancellations or delays locally, however, immediately north of us got hit a whole lot harder (3-5") and many schools are closed.

In my day - you didn't miss school unless it was frozen solid, or snow was over 6" deep. But if you could see how people drive in perfect dry clear conditions out here, you'd understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I'm back and so's my yarn!

Wednesday's Child on Tap Monkey I'm very proud to announce that I've been pulled back out of retirement, and will be dyeing yarn...

Popular Posts