Friday, February 1, 2013

January Projects

This month, I completed a pair of socks. Ok, so I'm a day late posting what I did in January, but here they are:

This pattern is Peace Rose Garden Socks by Diane Edgerly (available for free on Ravelry) and I'm proud to admit fully that I CHEATED!!! I used self striping yarn, rather than do all the color changes. This sock would knit up nicely in about any yarn. A spiraling stripe maybe not so much, but a lightly variegated, solid, kettle dye or self striping works nicely. If you choose to work this pattern yourself, do keep in mind, this pattern is designed to be more of a slouch sock as the leg is bigger around than the foot, which is tighter.  I made minor changes to eliminate any slouch on my pair, as I hate constantly feeling like I need to pull my socks up.  I also worked my heel differently where I simply don't like a stockinette heel - I find them too weak against my sock abuses.  This was a quick and easy knit.  I used KnitPicks Felici in Botany.  Anyone who truly knows me knows that my not making the stripes match up perfectly is fully out of character.  Usually I like my socks to be 100% identical, down to the stitch when stripes are involved.  This simply wasn't an option this time so I went for "wholly out of whack" instead.  Pair 1 of 12 complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I'm back and so's my yarn!

Wednesday's Child on Tap Monkey I'm very proud to announce that I've been pulled back out of retirement, and will be dyeing yarn...

Popular Posts