Sunday, December 4, 2011

Online Learning Opportunity

I found a wonderful new online learning opportunity - Craftsy.com.  Craftsy features online video classes in such subjects as Quilting, Sewing, Crochet, Jewelry, Paper Crafts, Cake Decorating and Knitting.  They also offer Free Patterns.

I'm currently enrolled in two classes: Knit Sock Workshop with Donna Druchunas and Mastering Lace Shawls with Laura Nelkin.  I haven't started reviewing the Shawl course yet, but I have begun working in the Sock course.  I find the video format easy to watch, pause and jump-to-points when life interrupts or I need to re-review.  I haven't used any of the other various resources such as video note-taking, online Q&A, or course discussions.  I've really only scratched the surface of this resource, but thus far, I'm a believer and recommend this to anyone interested in taking a knitting class online from home. (No, I haven't been asked to review this site, to endorse it or any one and no, I haven't received ANY compensation.  I simply show you what I believe in.)

Some of you may be wondering... Why are you taking these classes?  You already knit socks and shawls.  Yup, I do, but there is always room for improvement, opportunities for new techniques, and tips you can gain from other teachers.  And at the price of just $29.99 each - it's a opportunity that simply shouldn't be passed up.

Have you found great online class resources?  Please leave a comment and tell me about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment