Sunday, September 19, 2010

"Brandy" is on her way!

No picture yet but I'm very excited about my next offering - way too excited not to give hints of what's to come! 

"Brandy" is finally on the needles for final pattern and chart accuracy checks.  I've been working behind the scenes on this design for over a month now - it's actually been the most frustrating design yet.  I wanted to do something with a shoreline / seaside kind of motif.  I've stitched and restitched about 30 different swatches trying to find the right balance.  In the end, I actually have created a stitch to represent rolling waves, and matched it up with a lovely Aran stitch that just makes me think of the twisted rope netting you see in old pre-wire wooden lobster traps.  It has a little bit of a lacy feel, created through simple yarn overs, representing seafoam and spray.  I think this will be a lovely addition to any ocean lovers wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment