Monday, June 1, 2015

The New Yarn Bases Are Coming!

I've just ordering in some new yarn bases to dye for you and I'm ridiculously excited about them!

New in Lace Weight:
Waltz Monkey - 80% Superfine Merino 20% Silk 100g/875 yards
Airy and elegant with a light sheen. Blocks beautifully.

I think Waltz Monkey would be prefect for large shawls. It's very ethereal and the hand is like knitting clouds. Really just a dream. A bridal shawl would be gorgeous in this - just enough sheen to stand out as special, without being overwhelming.

New in Fingering Weight:
Twist Monkey - 70% Superwash Merino 30% Silk 100g/438 yards
This is a high-twist single with a gorgeous sheen and light halo.
Very fancy - the perfect choice for formal wear, heirlooms, weddings, etc.

I'm in love with Twist Monkey. It makes me think of fancy dinners, city lights, cocktail parties, art openings... it's all very high society elegant chic. Again, gorgeous smooth hand. The high twist makes this fingering weight look like a lace weight, but it has mass and will drape. I can only imagine what beads would look like on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment