Saturday, July 27, 2013

That about covers it.

As I'm not supposed to be knitting, I'm taking online classes and reading and studying all things knitting.  Today I was reading Knitting Pattern Essentials - Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear by Sally Melville.  In her "Preparing to Draft" chapter she discusses finding the ideal lengths for a long sweater design and writes: "Try on the pants you are likely to wear with it - slim pants or leggings.  Find a point on your leg where you like what is revealed and where everything you want covered is covered."  This made me laugh.  I immediately thought of Uncle Fester Addams long monk-like robe.  Yeah, that about covers where everything I want covered is covered.

I do highly recommend Knitting Pattern Essentials - Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear by Sally Melville.  The book is very detailed, has a wonderful step-by-step format and is structured for every knitter of every skill set. The is wonderful diagramming and photography throughout the book as well as an excellent focus in her "Preparing to Draft" chapter on measuring to make the garment fit your body properly and look best on you - tips that I'll carry over to my clothes shopping to find more flattering cuts and styles in my store bought clothing.

No, I wasn't paid or compensated in any way for telling you about this book.  I simply share what I love in hopes you'll love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I'm back and so's my yarn!

Wednesday's Child on Tap Monkey I'm very proud to announce that I've been pulled back out of retirement, and will be dyeing yarn...

Popular Posts