Friday, May 4, 2012

My Fantastic LYS: Village Wools

I want to take a second to share some photos of my local yarn store (LYS) Village Wools in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  This place is my second home, teaching facility and "candy store".

I get unbelievable creative support, encouragement, and inspiration from the staff every time I visit.  There is always someone willing to discuss pattern designs or problems, color theory, spinning, weaving, techniques or dogs with you.  Even the shop dogs offer a friendly smile when you arrive.

Village Wools is the largest yarn shop I've every had the pleasure of visiting.  I've become completely spoiled by the range of fiber types (wool, alpaca, camel, cotton, bamboo, hemp, silk, mohair.... etc. etc.) and colors (they seem to have every color imaginable!) and my personal stash continues to grow with each incoming shipment they receive.  I've also made a rather significant dent in their book shelf, buying up stitchionarys and technique books.  They have buttons and washes and needles and bags and dyes and and and well everything!

I'm very proud to be among the instructors that offer classes at Village Wools.  They offer a wonderful teaching environment with one giant dividable lecture room and two dedicated classrooms for weaving and dyeing.  All the rooms are equipped with giant whiteboards, tables, chairs and excellent lighting.

When my husband and I travel, I always stop at yarn shops and try to purchase local products.  As a result, I've been in many yarn stores, especially on the east coast and in the southwest.  I'm always eager to find another yarn store. Consider adding Village Wools to your itinerary the next time you are in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Village Wools has a large collection of local yarns as well as spinning fibers.  Where is your favorite LYS?

No, they didn't pay me to advertise them, I simply show you things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I'm back and so's my yarn!

Wednesday's Child on Tap Monkey I'm very proud to announce that I've been pulled back out of retirement, and will be dyeing yarn...

Popular Posts